This month’s newsletter is about our Christmas prize draw
This Christmas we are giving our employers a fantastic opportunity to win £50 worth of Love 2 Shop vouchers. For every member of staff that you enrol on to a funded programme you will be issued with a raffle ticket. On Thursday 20th December we will draw out a winning raffle ticket and the lucky employer will receive the vouchers worth £50.
We will ensure these vouchers are delivered to you in time for close of business on Friday 21st December.
If you would like to discuss this further or book an appointment to enrol learners then please contact Ailey Baker on 0121 433 3548.
In January 2019 the new Standards for Leadership and Management in Health and Social Care Level 5 will be introduced, and the employer contribution will be increasing for this qualification so please take advantage of the lower employer contribution for the Level 5 whilst the opportunity is there.
We have lots of short courses that are also funded, so please keep reading to find out more
Apprenticeship contributions for Non-Levy employers still remains at 10%.
In January 2019 the new standards for Leadership and Management in Health and Social Care Level 5 will be introduced. This will mean that the cost of the Higher Apprenticeship will be increasing. If you would like to take advantage of the lower cost then please enrol before 21.12.2018 to guarantee a lower contribution.
When the standards are introduced the end point assessment for Level 5 will also become a requirement.
Don’t delay enrol today!
Off-the-job-training-the vital 20%
It is a requirement for our assessors to document the 20% off the job training. As the employer you also have the responsibility to keep us informed of what the learner has done, that can count towards their 20% off the job training element of their qualification.
There are certain aspects that can be included in the 20% and this should be being documented as it is completed. This includes the following:
- Teaching of theory– taught sessions
- Shadowing or being mentored
- Time spent by the Apprentice during their working hours to write assessments/assignments
- Practical Training
- Learning support provided by the employer or the provider
- Online learning
- Visiting or working in different departments in the workplace
Things that can NOT be included are as follows:
- Diagnostic assessments
- English and Maths
- Progress Reviews
- Training that takes place outside of the learners paid working hours
- On programme assessment (observations)
As the employer we will continue to work very closely with you to ensure we can capture all opportunities to evidence the 20% off the job training for our learner.
If you have any questions surrounding the 20% then please contact us and we will happily discuss this further on 0121 433 3548.
FE Choices Surveys
On Monday 26th November the learner surveys opened on behalf of the ESFA through FE Choices Ipsos Mori. These surveys will remain open until Friday 03rd May 2019.
During this time we will be making contact with learners who will be chosen at random to identify whether they are satisfied with the services being provided. Learners will be encouraged to complete the surveys, and we welcome all feedback received. Any constructive feedback received will be acted upon.
Employer surveys will be open in 2019, dates for this are yet to be announced.
We would like to thank all our learners and employers in advance for taking the time to complete the required surveys.
Fully funded short courses are now available
- Prevention and Control of Infection in Health Care Settings
- Awareness of Mental Health Problems
- Care and Management of Diabetes
- Common Health Conditions
- Customer Service for Health and Social Care Settings
- Principles of Dementia Care
- Dignity and Safeguarding in Adult Health and Social Care
- Equality and Diversity
- Falls Prevention Awareness
- Working with Individuals with Learning Disabilities
- Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care
- Principles of Care Planning
- Safe Handling of Medication in Health and Social Care
- Understanding Autism
- Understanding Behaviour That Challenges
- Understanding Specific Learning Difficulties
- Nutrition and Health
- Working with People with Mental Health Needs
- Stroke Awareness
- Be aged 19 and over on the 31st August 2018
- Be a UK resident for the last 3 years
- Attend additional learning
- Not be on an apprenticeship Programme at the same time.
- Have a current DBS in place
- Meet the Guided Learning Hours which are around 100-120 hours
If you would like further information or if you would like to speak to a member of our team then please contact Ailey Baker on 0121 433 3548, alternatively use our contact form.
Office hours over Christmas
Our offices will be closed from 12.30pm on Friday 21st December until 8.15 on Wednesday 02nd January 2019.
There will be an answer machine in operation during the festive season, all messages will be responded to following the Christmas break.
All the staff at Omega Training Services Limited would like to wish you and your families a very Merry Christmas and a Happy and Prosperous New Year.
The offline version of our newsletter can be found here
Information on Love2Shop can be found here